You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bodie Door Touchpad

I think I have a new one, at least my searches didn't turn up anything.  The RV has been parked in the barn (plugged in) since mid March, fire it up, including the generator, every two to three weeks.  A couple of odd things have happened in that time, the engine batteries don't seem to be charging and the touchpad on the bodie door is acting weird.  When I go to open it, I put in the code and the door opens without pushing the silver button.  To close the door I have to hit 555 which starts the horn sounding the alarm then input the door code which closes the door, again without pushing the silver button.  To open the door again I must enter the 555 lock code, then the door code.  Any Ideas?

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

I believe I have found the culprit, the push button on the outside of the door. I pulled one of the leads off of it and the door started functioning properly. Problem no is that there is no way to operate the door from the outside now. Ordering a new button from Newell but getting the old one out and the new one in is going to be an exercise in frustration, it is mounted aft of the door right at floor level and the bulkhead that separates the cabinet space under the sink and that little space at the entry door where all the switches are mounted is directly in line with it. No clue how I'm going to get to that nut on the switch with enough strength to break it loose.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

i have replaced one for a guru. there is a post about it if i remember right.

i ordered it from the manufacturers rep.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I've got a couple on the way, figured I would replace both since they have the same number of cycles on them.  Have you ever replaced the relays associated with the door?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

I had to cut a bigger access square/hole in order to get at it. After putting in the new button, I covered tbe hole with a piece of tin and the carpet back over the top. Carefully handling of a sabre saw got it done!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

At one point I was seriously considering enlarging the hole but there are a number of air and heating water lines passing right through that area, I certainly did not want to nick them. After a fair amount of frustration and assistance from Dianna, we attacked it from both sides and overcame. It is now working as intended, yeah.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide