You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Buying under consignment

I posted this thread in another location earlier, then found this may be the more appropriate spot for this question. We have a coach on retainer pending inspection, etc. My question is...items found in the inspection that need attention and/or repair, who is responsible for paying for that work? Does the owner pay for it before the coach is passed on in purchase? i would assume this works similar to real estate transactions where the seller either makes the repairs or negotiates down on the price to compensate for the repair being done later by the buyer? I've never purchased a vehicle of any sort under consignment, so we are sort of flying blind in this regard. 

Any other suggestions regarding the process we are about to enter are welcomed. I want to avoid any oversights during this process, so feel free to add lessons learned, etc. 

All comments are most welcome. 

Gary

Gary, since your other thread already had a response. I have moved it to this forum and will close this thread to comments. http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=6085

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com
Thread Closed