You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot Temp Gauge

Hey All,
  I am troubleshooting/rebuilding my aquahot system and the rain has put a damper on the outside work.

Like most of you, I have a Cyberdyne red LED round gauge over the microwave that reads out the Aquahot temperature. Trouble is, mine is off.

I have some unconnected wires in the Aquahot bay, that may be the culprits, but have no idea which ones feed that gauge. I know there should be a temp sensor someplace on/in the Aquahot unit and some way to feed power to the gauge.

Anyone know which wires are which? This is a particularly Newell problem.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

THIS MIGHT HELP    

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Rick, I don't remember where the temp sender is located on the aquahot. But I replaced the gauge on my '98 Newell and on my Foretravel I added a temp sender and just pushed it behind the plate where the thermostats are as shown on Mark's post.
Look at the wires at the gauge and see if they're the same as the 2 cut wires in your picture. You can cut the 2 wires at the gauge and twist them together then check the continuity at the 2 cut wires to see if they're the same. If so you can do like I did and add a new sender and possibly new gauge. Pretty much any temp sender with a range up to 250º would work.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Perfect info...will do

Thanks,

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick, In your picture of the thermostat area, the tank temp sensor is in the upper left hand corner with one, looks like, yellow wire. Follow that wire out of that area to see where it goes.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Here is the post I used to replace mine.................................

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=883

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Yay!
  My NOS Cyberdyne temp gauge came in... All hooked up and installed....believe it or not...it works! Went from LO to 214 after shutoff at around 209-ish.

Non contact thermometer readings on outside of tank were 2-3 deg off from gauge... not a bad result.

One weird thing.. when I attach the PURPLE dimming wire to power sometimes the gauge reads 260??

I am definitely going to add an on/off switch for this and the post lights. No idea why you'd want them on all the time.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Just installed a new 12V indicator light in the panel for the AH...works great. New one uses spade connectors, so will be easier to replace. Power and ground lines run all the way to the AH bay. Last pair of wires above the fuses on the right. Blue is POS Green is NEG/Ground.

Works great now Smile

I have extra RED and AMBER solico bulb assemblies. Will be checking the rest as I work through the coach.

Anyone know if the one above the Generator Start/Stop is 12v or 120V?

Thanks,

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller