You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Are Newell's expensive to maintain?

I bought new in 97' some other brand. Drove it for about 130,00 miles. at least I think it was 130,000, the odometer worked intermittent. One of the deal breakers of owning it was when my wife was locked in the bathroom while I was driving down the road. The screws or glue that held the bathroom wall in place moved and made the bathroom door frame out of square. The door and frame are paper thin, but I was able to push and shove to get her out. The shopping began for a better build, and quality Coach. To me, a Newell having backup & redundant systems, says that they do not want you broke down. We have 3 air compressors, (engine and 2each 110 volt) 2 water pumps, 2 bathrooms, 4 AC units, heated floors, Aquahot systems, and more HP and torque than the competitor.

Ok, take some salesman advice, buy another coach, learn the lessons many of us have, but eventually you'll buy a Newell.

Very few folks who have owned a Newell, chose another coach. Newell will be your last Coach.

Just my 2 cents

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.