You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Toad brakes

I know some of you use the M&G system and that is my first choice but it may not fit my subie. Do any of you use the Air Force one from smi?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

hi richard,

a friend of mine has it and likes it just fine. it is on a crv and they have a holiday rambler coach.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Yes, have Air Force One and have had it installed on two different toads, the first was Jeep Grand Cherokee and now it's on the Ford F150. Works great as far as I know.....missing the indicator lights to know when it's engaged and seen through rear view camera but otherwise, no problems thus far.

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

Richard, My brother in law has used Air Force One on two toads and he loves it. Every time I hook up my Brake Buddy I say there has to be a better way. One of these days I will have AFO installed.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Richard, I have the air force one and I love it. It is an easy install. I will take a few photos and post them this afternoon.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

The instructions to install the AFO state to locate the black control box under the hood. Since the lines and vacuum hose are several feet long it works better to install the box inside. I put mine under the glove box out of site. This keeps the heat away from the box which will extend the life.

Mike Stephenson
Lubbock, Tx
1999 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2004 MB Cruiser

Richard, I have attached a few photos showing where I installed my Air Force One.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica