You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Condensate Drain Not Working - Front A/C

Over the past week, I had water dripping down my windshield of our 2015.
I checked the roof and even under the A/C cover, but didn't know what I was looking for.   Confused

soooo...online I go...

Ok, now that I've been "educated" via research, I'm now aware that our Coleman Mach A/C units have a little Condensate Pump that pumps the water out a tube.  But, something's not doing its job; either it's:

1. Plugged line
2. Bad float
3. Bad pump

Anyone find that this lines just need to be blow out from the bottom up on occasion?  I'm afraid to be very aggressive...who knows what would happen these days. LOL

Maybe it's safe and many have done it, so thanks in advance.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

I've blown all of mine out. Screw was blocking one. Manufacturing debris in others.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Yikes, @"rheavn",

Did you blow from the bottom up?

I’ll have to hunt for my drain tubes, or maybe run some water down them and hope they are open.

UPDATE AFTER CAFFEINE: ?‍♂️ I can’t blow from the bottom, it’ll force whatever junk there is, right into the pump. Argh. This may have to wait until this heatwave passes.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Because your units have pumps, mine do not, I would disconnect the line at the pump and blow from the bottom up.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Steve, that’s what I’ll have to do. ?

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA