You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Plans changing based on weather?

Anybody else altering their summer plans based on weather? Lytton, B.C., has broken the record for the hottest temperature ever recorded in Canada for a third straight day, hitting a scorching 49.6 C on Tuesday.
The latest record was broken as a historic heat wave continues to scorch Western Canada, leading to a spike in sudden deaths in B.C. and dangerous wildfire conditions.
Lytton, a village in the Fraser Canyon located about 260 kilometres northeast of Vancouver, also saw record-breaking highs of 47.9 C on Monday and 46. 6 C on Sunday. Before this week, the highest temperature ever recorded in Canada was 45 C in Saskatchewan in 1937.
"It is so incredibly intense," said Bernie Fandrich, a Lytton resident and president of the local chamber of commerce. "It's a perpetual oven door open, and it's just too hot."
The community pool is closed due to technical issues and people have only a few air-conditioned coffee shops where they can seek refuge. Fandrich said the streets of the small village, which at last census count had under 250 residents, are virtually deserted.
"People are indoors and mind you, Lytton is usually not the centre of the universe anyway. But that's even less so now," he said, speaking to CBC Radio on Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57678054

My plan is to visit the Oregon coast. I'm sure there will be a lot of people inland that will also be heading to the Oregon coast, but I have a friend of over 50 years that has RV parking at his house.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

you might was well come visit us in arizona. it was cooler here this past week than in bc and oregon

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH