You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1983 Classic - No Brake Lights

Dave and Trish win the award on this one! Good job!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

That made my day!  Good luck with your '83 Wil!

Great news ! Glad it was the simplest thing .
Hope the journey home is trouble free .
Go Dave !

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

I was reading this and couldn't help but laugh. You post a problem that could have literally hundreds of root causes and 3 gurus post within 12 hours and fix it. Stunning the community this has become in just under 9 years!

Hey Folks,

Quick update.  Just wanted to let ya'll know that I drove the coach home today.  Only issue I had was one of the engine bay doors came opened on me due to a latch issue I need to work on, but that's what the 200MPH tape is for.  Smile   It really drove and ran great.  I've got some brake pull to work on but other than that it was nice and smooth.  Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone that has helped me to get this thing ready to ride in the last few weeks.  I couldn't have done it without you guys. 

Now that it's home I'm looking forward to getting it all fixed up and doing lots of projects on it.

Thanks All!

Wil Bolton
1983 Classic 36ft

Two rules to older coaches, if it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape and baling wire. If it doesn't move and it should, WD40. All kidding aside, congratulations on your new coach! Happy to hear you've got it home and looking forward to hear, and possibly see photos, of your progress.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Great news Wil !
Driver's side engine compartment door by chance ? 
Brakes are straightforward ,  be safe jacking and cribbing .
Glad you have your coach home without incident. 
Have fun! 
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand