You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headhunter Replacement

I am gonna put the punchline at the top before I tell you a long Bill story.

If your Headhunter Mach V pump goes bad....call the Headhunter support line at 954.581.6996.  Tell them what is going on.  They can give you an RMA number to send the pump for minor repair....or....they will request the serial number be sent to them and they will send you a new pump for 50% off.  (Around $600).

I have had two pumps replaced at Newell over the years.   I did not want the old broken pumps so they got thrown away.  (I wish that I knew that they were worth $600 each).

So here is the story....

I bought a new HH pump to carry with me in case I had problems.   It sat new-in-the-box in my basement bay for about three years.   I happened to be at Richard Entrekin’s southern headquarters and mentioned that I had a water leak.  He said...lets take a look at it.   Between the two of us, we found a leak IN THE CASE OF THE PUMP!  (I think I posted pics at the time).  Richard supervised me while I replaced with my spare pump.  I told him that he could have the old leaky pump if he wanted.   

Fast forward a few months...I am again at Richard’s house and again I had a leak in my water pump.   This time the pump was leaking at the rear seal.   Harrumph!   In the meantime, Richard had repaired the case of the leaky pump that I had given him.   He graciously offered it back to me.   Once again I replaced my pump in his driveway.   The pump mostly worked, but had a bad pressure switch which I robbed out of the pump with a leaky rear seal.

The point of this story is how much I have appreciated being a member of the gurus.  Various gurus have given me pieces and parts that they thought I could use and I have reciprocated in kind.  This sort of camaraderie seems to be in short supply theses day.   

Thanks to Richard for his generosity and thanks also to all the gurus.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

First, Thanks Bill for putting Headhunter's contact phone # 954-581-6996, at the beginning of the post.

We noticed our two Head Hunter toilets weren't flushing normally about 2 days ago. The first flush lacked pressure, the second, or third flushed normally. I decided to take a look at the Head Hunter pump, for some reason unknown to me, and low and behold there was a small leak at the outlet connection. I called Head Hunter and purchased a new female connection which will hopefully arrive before dependency on the auxillay pump is necessary.

If anyone has suggestions on the easiest installation technique please don't be shy.

Bob

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

I am having trouble with my head hunter mach 5 . I Think the low pressure switch is bad so I called HH and talked to Brett and gave the serial num and he informed me that the 2005 was not serviced anymore . So heres what its doing , It will pump up but when demand is required it wont restart. I have reprimed it by opening all valves turn on and make sure all the air is out numerous times but no change. Would anybody have a low pressure switch for sale? This is the serial num. 0505-006560G for mine.

ACR 502 1998 newell double slide 

ACR,
I am confused. So…when you open a faucet the pump does not come on and provide water. What do you mean by it will “pump up”?

If the pump cycles 10 times, it will cut off and wait for you to push the reset button on the top.

In my experience a bad pressure switch will cause the pump to cycle with no demand.

Can you share more about what is going on?

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama