You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Entry Step Refinish

Hi all, looking for some entry step paint advice.
My entry step works great, but aesthetically , it is in pretty bad shape. I'm thinking about  refinishing it and am looking for some advice on paint. Due to the amount of foot traffic on the step, I'm not sure a standard spray paint will hold up. Should I take it to an automotive paint shop or find a place to get it powder coated?

Has anyone done this and what paint did you use? How's the durability?
Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks, Tony

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Are you talking about the retracting metal step? If so what about using a bedliner product? That should be as durable as anything and give you a nice grip surface.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hi Forest, yes I am referring to my retractable step. 

Bed liner paint is an interesting idea. Kind of kills two birds with one stone. Plus I don't have be too concerned with the surface prep. Just have to strip all the old paint off.

Thanks

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

I used a 2 part paint that Eastwood sells. There is a button on the bottom of the can that releases the activator into the paint.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-2k-a...black.html

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

If you use bedliner, shoot it with a primer gun. Use about 20% reducer. The gun that comes with the kit gives a very coarse and rough surface. The primer gun gives a matte finish. That how i applied bedliner to the bumpers and rockers on my tow car.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )