You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hot Brake/Stuck Caliper?

Yes, Richard is the King of interesting posts. He is also the source of the most important mod I even made to my coach of the many of them. Now, there are a lot of changes between what Richard and I have and your #784. So, this may not apply. But somewhere on this wonderful forum is a post from Richard that describes the change from a brake pedal to a brake treadle. I did that mod and it changed the braking characteristic of my coach vastly. Before I was having to really stand on the pedal to get things slowed down and even then, it did not give me a good feeling. Luckily, I have never had to perform a panic stop. The change to the treadle seems to me to apply significantly more stopping power with much less effort and also makes the initial bite more pronounced. Richard described the physics and algebra involved in the way the treadle and pedal angles and positions worked. Perfectly willing to take his word for it, I took the plunge and would never go back. I had always thought the pedal would be more car like and an easier position to get used to, but love the treadle. YMMV

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...ND+treadle

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )