You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Closed

1991 rebuilt title 20k

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/rvs/d/salem-91-newell-motorcoach/7343044981.html

I found this while searching for myself.  I have no affiliation with the seller.  Perhaps it's already been listed here (if so, feel free to delete my post).  Just thought someone might be interested.

very interesting coach.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I had made a deal to purchase this coach before I finally bought #423. I have been in, around and under it and have lots of photos and research. It's coach #262

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Rick whats up with this coach?

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

That is a looong story. Suffice to say, it's an OK coach for someone that wants to do work. The paint will be pricey if you want it back to stock. All the information is publicly accessible, but: It was involved in a bad accident (not the driver's fault) hit from the rear by an inattentive box truck driver. All damage repaired. Purchased from the insurance company as a total loss. Will need a bunch of cosmetic and systems repairs (unless more was done since I saw it a few months ago)

Some highlights.... will need a toilet. Microphor removed and replaced with a low cost Aquamagic. The salon ceiling lighting was removed and has a long unfinished piece of wood affixed there. The PRIMUS system is not working, and one of the two boilers is missing the control pack completely. The propane tank had a lot of surface rust. There is no way to charge the batteries unless you count the battery maintainer installed in the engine compartment. I do not recall if the battery isolator was removed or simply not working.

Mainly lots of little things, but they add up quickly on a Newell. Some bits and pieces were very hard to find. If you are interested in all he gory details and/or interested in purchasing the coach, I have all my notes, spreadsheets and photos. As well as where to buy most of the tough to find parts.

I never drove the coach.

The deal got cancelled by the seller the night before I was to pick it up. Not really sure what happened.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

wow! was his last name Mahoney? I looked at a Prevost a while ago in Salem that was a basket case not disclosed until i actually was poking around and that was the sellers last name

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad
Thread Closed