You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash Air Gauges

Yes you are on the right track that check valve will bleed off the head preasure making it easier for the compressor to start. I think 3/8” is a little big. Newell has done it many different was over the years using electric solenoid valves I don’t know how your coach was done originally

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

https://tricitytoolparts.com/products/e1...compressor

I installed a pressure switch with an unloader valve along with the check valve when I rebuilt my air system.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and feedback. 

Yesterday, I changed out the 3 push-on fittings with compression fittings on the Air Control Valve that operates the generator slide. Only one of them was leaking but I changed the all out anyway. I replaced the ball valve with a new check valve on the compressor. 

End result, no more leaks. This morning I checked the dash air gauges and both were at the same level.

Another satisfied customer. Thanks again

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

awesome. and thanks for not calling me in the middle of the night.....ha without knowing

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
Based on our time zone difference, that could happen. Still can't figure out how I butt dialed you yesterday, but at least it was in the middle of the day.
Thanks again.

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC