You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sub-Zero 700TCI-3 Slow Failure and Repair

Sub-Zero 700TCI-3 Icemaker quit on our last trip.  I did a small amount of troubleshooting & I thought the icemaker itself was the problem, we bought a bag of ice and all was OK.  Six days later the refrigerator quit working but the freezer was OK.  A couple of hours after that the display went dim.  I ordered a 4204380 control board from WCP Distributing which cured all symptoms.

FWIW, the parts ordering process;  The local Sub-Zero repair shop had zero stock but would order one for about $200 over sticker price with a delivery in about a month.  WCP Distributing is the West coast supplier, they also had zero stock.  The Sub-Zero/Wolf/Cove website has a search engine for service and parts locator.  I put in a Midwest zip code and came up with Midwest Parts Distributing.  I called Midwest, they had the part but Sub-Zero licensing allows sales only in their region.  I called WCP who then after checking with Midwest took the order and had Midwest drop ship directly to me.

https://www.subzero-wolf.com/locator#zip...vice-parts
https://www.wcpdistributing.com/distribu...de=4204380

Attached Files
.pdf Icemaker Fault Testing Schematics etc.pdf Size: 1.24 MB  Downloads: 6
.pdf Parts Sub-Zero 700TCI-3.pdf Size: 2.5 MB  Downloads: 7
.pdf Service Manual - 700.pdf Size: 9.26 MB  Downloads: 7
.pdf Use & Care Guide 700TCI-3.pdf Size: 468.91 KB  Downloads: 4
.pdf Installation Guide 700TCI-3.pdf Size: 462.02 KB  Downloads: 3
.pdf Design Guide 700TCI-3.pdf Size: 1.05 MB  Downloads: 4

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Thanks again for adding to the data base!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Nice job on both the fix and acquiring the needed parts.

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

Great info, thanks for sharing
Sorry you had such issues but your perseverance obviously paid off
I recently heard about ABA appliance for parts and service as well
I believe he's in SanDiego so no-good for service for me on east coast but perhaps he can supply parts

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Your lucky you can do this yourself, imagine what that would cost for a service call. I gripe about working on our coach buy my wife keeps reminding me of what it would cost if I didn't and I feel better.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

OMG, I was totally wrong on this diagnosis!  The problem ended up being the cover plate at the top of the refrigerator that has the opening for the light switch.  It was loose and restricted the light switch movement intermittently. The display inside the refrigerator is simply backlighting, so if the inside lights don't work then the display disappears.  I "assumed" ( we all know what that means} the refrigerator didn't work since the compressor did not come on but in reality it was not cycled on. My head is on the Guillotine....

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling