You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Splendide 2100XC Install

The pan is a good idea. I have the pan in my Newell although I have the combo Splendide. I don't remember having a drain on it but I will check. A large leak such as a blown water hose might be helped by the drain but with a small leak such as a leaking tub, the pan having water in it, or the wet bay having water in it, would hopefully alert the owner to a problem before it causes damage to the coach as it otherwise might.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Can someone please take a few photos of their dryer vent inside. I need to see how the cable assembly is mounted on the door itself and on the handle side......

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

OK, so I have the choke cable in hand. It operates the vent flap. Anyone have a photo of how it's installed??

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick,
Did you ever come up with a dryer vent assembly?  If so what is the part number?  How do you all like the Splendide?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I did manage to get it all installed. I purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VA...UTF8&psc=1

And discarded (well I saved it, cause I never throw anything away!) the plastic vent. Used the sleeve to go from inner to outer wall on the newell. Then routed the vent to the outlet and secured with ring clamps.

I have a ventless one in my apartment and it never really dries anything. The vented dryer I have at the house is far better. I have high hopes for the 2100C as it's essentially the same one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Thanks for the input Rick. We are looking at installing the same Splendide unit but are running into some closet door challenges in the master bath.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Timely post as I was thinking of just pulling the washer/dryer combo to replace the hoses for good measure. Not sure I want to tackle that just yet...

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon,
Do you have the stacked unit?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

On 385 the washer drains to waste tank
The dip pan drains to the ground

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

Hi Steve, I do have the stacked unit. They work fine. Would hate to remove them for modern convenience but could use the space above for other uses. Alas, I will still keep the stacker for now despite my dreams. Hate to waste something that is still good. I doubt they have washed more than 50 loads in their life. My concern is the age of the hoses since I have been redoing so much of the plumbing lately...

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312