You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who pays?

We saw it posted here on the site.

Short story...About 8 months ago saw an 07 Newell that was listed on a site. We noticed it on the first day of being posted for sale. When I called to inquire about it, the salesman told me it was already under retainer. That was a valuable lesson for us.

The post here was far enough in advance that it hadn't even been received yet by the dealership but the posting had the location it was going to be sold at. I just happened to have struck up a relationship with the salesman at the dealership who was looking for a coach for us based on a previous conversation, and we were the first to get in line and place it under retainer.

Good strategy. That's exactly how we found our current Foretravel. We had a relationship with Mel at MOT who knew what we were looking for and called us as the owners were signing the papers to put it on consignment. I put a refundable deposit on it and bought it after inspecting it. Also when we bought our 1998 Newell also at MOT we called about it and put a deposit on it to hold it until we could get there. Interestingly someone else had been looking at the Newell and decided to buy it just after we put a deposit on it. And we've become good friends with them since then.
But you need to be able to trust the dealer and salesman. Hope it goes well for you.
In today's market if you're serious you need to be ready to jump, putting a refundable deposit until you can inspect one is a great strategy.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337