You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My Aquahot 431 is ALIVE! Temp?

After much head scratching and several calls to Rudy for his most excellent advice, I have managed to get my Aquahot working on Diesel! I now have heat and hot water! Truly incredible. I cam take a hot shower again.(Believe me.. you WANT me to shower!)

Next up is replacing some cooked wires and the 120V element so it will work on Electric as well.

I am pleased. very pleased. I love Newell Good News! We should have a topic for triumphs and wins.

Also, also, my red light above the aquahot diesel switch doesan;t work, but then again neither does the cyberdyne gauge. i wonder if they get power from the aquahot bay??

Temp sensor...located! Does it have one or two wires attached to it??

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

One on the temp sensor.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

So.. I have, in hand, the correct 120V 1650 Watt AH heating element. I am in process of running fresh wiring for the electric side of the AH in my Coach. The 240V one looks like's it's in good shape and ohms out properly.

The question: Is there a pressing need to have the 1650W element running at all?

My diesel side is running nicely and in order to replace the 120V element I will have to drain and refill the AH tank. That's assuming the 120V element will come out without a fight which may be doubtful.

Would there be a real impact losing 1650 Watts of heating?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick, Abandoning the 120 vac element in place is just fine. The 240 vac elemnt will work fine as long as you are plugged into a 50 amp power post or your generator is running.

It would not work the very rare times you are connected to a 30 amp power post or to a shop's 20 amp power plug.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy,
That's what i figured... I just have the OCD issue with things not working Smile

Shouldn't the 240v element work on 120v at half power???

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

NO.

120V is one leg to neutral. 240V is one leg to the other leg, no neutral.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ahh.. that explains it.

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller