You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

LED lighting replacement

Thank you Hank!

Just bought one from your link just now. Do the covers screw off or pull off?

Paul

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

1/8 turn counterclockwise will release them. There are three tabs on the fixed part of the light, and the cover has three corresponding female openings and then partial threads.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard! I should be able to get them off when the tool Hank shared comes in tomorrow from Amazon. This group has saved me SO MANY headaches and mistakes... Thank you all!

Paul

Paul and Angi
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

Thank you Hank and Richard!!! The jar opener from Amazon worked like a charm!!! No damage to the light bezel and made it an easy job!

Paul

Paul and Angi
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

Paul,

I'm glad it helped you. I tried for quite a while to get a few stubborn rings off without any luck. My brain kept trying to figure this out without having Newell show me or me damaging the leather ceiling or the finish on the ring. Then I stumbled back on this tool and all is well. I wondered how many other's needed to know this trick or had their trick.
Funny timing is my aunt in Dallas gave me the tool to give to my wife. This was on the trip when I purchased our Newell.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile