You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide out air seal gasket

Has anyone found a supplier for the air seals for the slide outs besides Newell?

Wondering if we could get one for the bedroom slide without having to buy the large one and cutting it down like Newell wants us to do.

Thanks for any help you can give us!!

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465
Spending summers in Central Wisconsin and winters in Mesa, AZ.

rick, i put alot of time into this. the simple answer is no

the company that makes them for newell wants a very large minimum order. they told me frankly that it would be cheaper at newell

since there are so many slide seal sizes for the hwh slides (all drivers salon ones are the same) the rest all vary, they only make one. the front drivers salon you dont have to cut. ( i have done 3 front slide seals).

cutting it down is not really a big deal. the one you have now is like that. you basically cut it to the right length allowing for a fold over on each end (on the bottom of the slide in the middle) and glue it and fold it over and then there is a stainless piece that screws down to hold it tight. kinda like folding a water hose over when you want to get a drink.

feel free to call me

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Would you happen to have a side view picture of the seal? I am going to do some research also.

Thanks

Cindy

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465

Cindy,
Please find attached the images I have of a Driver Salon seal cut and being held on standby for my bedroom slide.  I had replaced my salon seal with a new one and saved this one as it was only three years old.   Tom mention the SS piece for joining the smaller folded over slide seal.  There is a picture of the SS plated and associated tooling to install the blind riv-nut if needed (from Newell).  Hope this helps.                    

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks so much!

We had replaced our bedroom air seal with the left over salon air seal but it was old and now has sprung a leak.

It would be nice to find a supplier for this air seal where you could have the correct size cut and sent out.

Regards

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465

the wanderlodge gange went through this years ago and had some custom made. but they had far fewer seal sizes.

the reason they did was not the cost, but that the corners wrinkled like ours do. they had some made that were radiused to avoid that.

i am not one to shy away from a challenge, but i think this is just a buy the newell seal and not spend the effort looking elsewhere.

i talked to the supplier years ago for our seals as i said before and they make them only for newell. and to do them for us would be cost prohibitive.

btw, for a short time, newell used these same seals on the valid slides, then moved to the valid seal which if you buy it from valid is a lot cheaper than the ones we have on the hwh slides.

tom

Does the Valid salon slide have to come out to change the seal like on the HWH?

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

so yes and no. it can be held up on its rails and go out far enough to change it. we are going to do bob's 07 in the fall and just use my cart for safety, though it is not necessary.

there are also safety stops that can be put on to prevent it from coming out too far

tom