You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AquaHot 100RM

Been working for a week on diesel last night wouldn't fire of diesel. Will heat off electricity. Temp gage in the galley on electricity has leveled out at 206. 

So what do I do to start the trouble shooting on the Webasto side of the hot box?

Some background, at the dealer when taking delivery. Two repairs one was a fuse 30a and the other I was told was a thermostat. It has been working for the last week and a half since the thermostat replacement off the diesel side.

206 seams high.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

Call Rudy Legett at 713-eight one 8-3 two 3 four

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

TJ mine was operating with the same gripe you have. Diesel just decided not to fire up and I used electric to heat the water. Fast forward a few weeks and my AH boiled out some from the overflow bottle overnight. It got extremely worse when I drove the coach. I pulled all fuses from the AH and that remedied the problem until we got home. We had enough hot water to shower in the mornings from the engine heat the day before.
Short story long I didn't want to just throw parts at it and had it serviced along with another issue I had. My back is in sad, sad shape right now so I can't do all the things I usually would do. They put a troubleshooting box on it and determined the thermostat was the issue. They also replaced and fuel nozzle and what goes with that part of the service.
I'm tempted to spend the money on getting one of those troubleshooting boxes instead of just throwing parts at it in the future.
I did ohm out the 4 components from a troubleshooting matrix and they appeared good.
Short story long...it works as it should now. Yours may be the same component issue. Mine was an intermittent issue that didn't show up under normal probing.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

If you are pretty handy then definitely call Rudy Legett - he really knows these AH systems and can diagnose it over the phone!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40