You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stupid Tiny Latches on Blower/Generator Slide Control

Let me try again.

Those catch latches I linked are the ones used on my blower door. I have had one fail in 7 years. The door has never opened while underway. They are mounted vertically with 4-40 stainless screws and nuts. Riveting through the plastic doesn’t work very well.

On my first coach, the finger operated latches failed because the spring rusted and fell out. I made new springs for those by using appropriate diameter music wire, bending it to shape, heating dark red, and quenching in oil. If you want to go that route, look up making springs on U tube, It’s been 12 years ago, so I don’t remember the diameter of the wire.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
  Look slike we had different latches. The ones I have on the blower door were accessed by sticking your finger inside the "slat/louvre" and pressing to open. Mine have failed.

The ones I have on the other side are in the attached photo.

I like the idea of using the plastic ones and will order a bunch, I just liked the idea of using the same rectangular latches with locks that are on the opposite side. Who knows what people will get up to!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

My 90 had what you are referring to. The ones I talked about were not those

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You can also use Velcro strips.