You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Anchoring Furniture to floor

What does everyone (including the factory) use to anchor furniture to the floor?

I have to anchor my dinette/sofo metal fram and my two new recliners to the floor. One is through the black tile/marble/granite in the galley and the other is through bamboo flooring.

Size of fasteners? Type of fasteners?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

i have removed many newell couches. everyone used common lag bolts into the plywood floor. toilets too.

the drivers and passenger front seats us bolts and nuts through the metal subfloor

i have also never seen a recliner fixed to the floor. miine just sits on the floor. and all the others i have seen in other coaches just sit there as well. not mounted. they just dont move.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
What size are the lag bolts?

I was thinking of using velcro straps attached to the floor to keep the recliners from sliding during travel. Not that they would, but just in case. Perhaps one in the front and one in the back (my recliners have circular tube bases.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

rick,

i think you are over engineering this. none of us that i am aware of anchor our freestanding recliners, chairs etc. the stressless recliners they put in for years have a circular base. my two cents worth. i have tens of thousands of miles driving with recliners just sitting there with no issues.

whatever lags fit in the holes. and the plywood is 3/4" and may be doubled up. they made a sandwich floor of plywood, high density foam, more plywood and in some places a sheet of metal

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Gotcha. I've seen many accidents involving RV's Everything inside would become a projectile. No harm in hedging your bets.

As always YMMV Smile

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Recently, I bought a recliner from online store and I am looking for some guidance to Anchoring to floor.

We have never anchored our recliners

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]