You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bay Door Latches

I'd say about 75% of my bay doors do not latch correctly on the first try.  What I end up doing is having to play around with a little toggle on the latch to get it in just the right spot and then shut it again.  Picking up some Lithium Grease spray in hopes that they are just poorly lubricated, but wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if there is anything else I need to be looking for.  Just drives me nuts every time I close a door.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

On my 93 adjustment is critical. I ended up positioning my iPhone in the bay aimed at the latches to see which way the lock catch needed to be adjusted.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Are you talking about the actual latch on both sides of the door that engages with studs on the frame? Or are you talking about the toggle on the center door latch / handle that actuates with the key or the electric door locks?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, talking about the actual latches on both sides. Center mechanism works fine.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

First lube them up, including the protruding bolt that they latch onto. Second if you loosen the protruding bolt, there is a wee bit of adjustment. Third I generally bump mine with my ample behind to get them to fully latch.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )