You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I think I have read every post in this section reguardingthe VMS system. 

Near as I can piece together, one needs a windows PC the software and a connector between the coach and the PC.

What I am not seeing is what is the connection between the connector on my coach and the PC? 

Grateful for any help offered. 

Cheers.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

I’m not an expert on this subject by any means however, based on my experience, you’ll need the interface between your engine’s diagnostic port and the pc.  It is available from Silverfish.  You’ll need to know the configuration of the engine diagnostic port, some are round and some are rectangle, pick the one that matches yours from the pictures or description provided on the website.  They are about $400 but the software is free.
The out put of the interface is generally USB.
There are plenty of references to all this information available through the search feature on this site.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Or you could just switch to BlueFire which runs off a Bluetooth dongle that connects to your diagnostics port.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

T J, Contact Roger Engdhal on the Foretravel forum, foreforum.com. He sells completer VMSpc units already configured for your engine. It is plug and play. He will also ask what hardware you may now have and only supply what you need.

But having the screen already configured for your engine is the best thing for sure.

roger.pdxdev at gmail.com

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Thanks all

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

https://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/6

They proved the software and hardware. The software walks u through the set-up. Call them. They are very helpful.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I did what Rudy suggested- Roger is sending my unit tomorrow

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

Slight tangent?

Been using VMSPC for several months.

Today is stopped reporting new data.
The coach kept cruising at the selected speed. The MPH stopped at the set speed all the other displays on the PC froze at that same point displaying their last data burst from the DDEC.

I could change the set cruise speed with the switches just like normal. The DDEC display that cam with the rig also reflected a change is cruise speed, up or down.

I have arrived at my parking spot for the night and restarted the VMSPC program, no change. I unplugged and plugged the USB cable, no change. I have unplugged and plugged the data port connection, no change. I restarted the PC and the DEDEC , no change.

How do I tell if the data port to usb is functioning? It seams like a likely point of failure, given that no other issues were noted.

Or is this more an issue with the data port at the dash or at the DEDEC brain on the engine?

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

TJ,
Your issue sounds like what happened to my VMSPC. The PC did not update anymore and my coach DDEC display quit updating. When I unplugged the VMSPC from my OBDII port the onboard DDEC display started displaying/changing properly.
I called Silverleaf and spoke with a tech. He told me I had already done his troubleshooting for him. If I sent it in he could turn it around very shortly. I seem to think it was back to me inside of 10 days.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Hank I am confused. What did you send to Silverleaf?

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.