You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus would like to thank Boomer for joining us.

VMSpc
I think I have read every post in this section reguardingthe VMS system. 

Near as I can piece together, one needs a windows PC the software and a connector between the coach and the PC.

What I am not seeing is what is the connection between the connector on my coach and the PC? 

Grateful for any help offered. 

Cheers.
Custodian of #484. 

I’m not an expert on this subject by any means however, based on my experience, you’ll need the interface between your engine’s diagnostic port and the pc.  It is available from Silverfish.  You’ll need to know the configuration of the engine diagnostic port, some are round and some are rectangle, pick the one that matches yours from the pictures or description provided on the website.  They are about $400 but the software is free.
The out put of the interface is generally USB.
There are plenty of references to all this information available through the search feature on this site.
Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567
Or you could just switch to BlueFire which runs off a Bluetooth dongle that connects to your diagnostics port.
Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
1997 Newell #458
St. Louis, MO
T J, Contact Roger Engdhal on the Foretravel forum, foreforum.com. He sells completer VMSpc units already configured for your engine. It is plug and play. He will also ask what hardware you may now have and only supply what you need.

But having the screen already configured for your engine is the best thing for sure.

roger.pdxdev at gmail.com
Rudy Legett
2001 Foretravel U320 4220
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area
Thanks all
Custodian of #484. 

https://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/6

They proved the software and hardware. The software walks u through the set-up. Call them. They are very helpful.
1993 Newell 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '17 Grand Cherokee.
I did what Rudy suggested- Roger is sending my unit tomorrow
Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook