You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2002 front air bag air inlet size

hi all,

the air bag on my 02 is a firestone w01-358-8087

as we are all finding out, it is no longer made by firestone and is considered obsolete.  

it has a large threaded hole on the top plate of the airbag for the air inlet.  i am looking for the size fitting that goes in that inlet hole.  

i called firetone and they said it obsolete and not in the catalog...i knew that, because that is why i called them.  

they no longer have phone tech support.

i dont want to take it off to get the size.   anyone have it?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Its either 1 inch or 3/4 inch NPT

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Is there enough room to get a pair of calipers anywhere on the fitting? If so you could interpolate the size from that.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

easier to have someone tell me what it is.

ha,

so far i have gotten 1/2, 3/4 and 1 inch

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Wow, I’m afraid to ask if the bags for my 1980 is still available.., lol
but for now mine are still doing ok.
Hopefully you find a set.
Blessings, mike and beth

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Mike, don't be like me...

We had our airbags checked by a reputable shop. "Look good" we were told. 8 weeks later, while taking a nap, one of the left rear air bags blew. Down the coach went, tires rubbing in the fender wells. Because it was winter, and in soft soil, no way to jack up the coach from the frame and free the tires. Had to have a lowboy trailer drag the coach out of the soft soil, and to a repair shop.

When the bags were removed, (all 4 of them) the wear and degredation on the bags was very  evident when they were removed from the mounting plates. They were all long past safe.
There was no issue finding airbags, although yours may be different than mine. 2 days and 200 dollars each and they were installed. This winter we are replacing the front bags (4) because we don't wan't a part 2 to  this story. Smile

Good luck.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I should have them checked out. I’ll be looking for the part number(s) to see if they are available. I know I ha the Rockwell suspension system.

Btw…
Is there an age out limit on air bags like tires? Mine were replaced by the PO about 10 years ago. But very few miles were driven.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)