You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AC in bedroom stopped working

The remote sensors on mine are Coleman 8330-3101.  Zone 4 Bathroom entry mounted on the wall, zone 3 bedroom entry mounted on the wall, zone 1 and two mounted in the ceiling near the filters for each zone.
Remote Sensor

My experience with capacitors is don't buy made in China.  Get MARS or a made in USA brand.  I have thrown away dozens of the cheap ones due to leakage or going out of tolerance while sitting in the box unused.  Always check a new one before installation.

PTCR

Hard Start with PTCR for my model.

John has some good advice!  There are not many A/C guys that advise adding a refrigerant port as they want to sell you a new unit instead of repairing a perfectly good one.   Idea

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

the good thing is that i had a new Dometic Capacitor and that did the trick. The old one was original 2005 and so rusted that I couldnt see the labeling on top by the terminals.
I will check for the temperature probes to make sure they are in the proper location. something tells me they are in the return duct and not in the room.
A Phoenix RV AC installer put a new Dometic unit in the #1 position. I have to turn the temperature down to 50F on that unit to keep it running, otherwise it will keep cycling about every 10 minutes.  Ideas?
I think that I will get one of the Coleman 9333-9021 Start units to keep in my spares kit with the Capacitors. I always carry a good Volt Ohm meter with Amp probe as well as a Capacitor checker, and test light.
Thanks to all who helped make suggestions. Great resource when Newell is closed after hours.

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special

I have no idea where the temp sensor is for your Zone 1 on your coach.

On mine, it is in the tstat, and the tstat is located on the passenger side wall. If the sun shone on that side of the coach, it would short cycle like crazy. I finally watched the digital display on the tstat and saw that the sensor was actually changing that fast. I rigged a time delay board between the tstat and unit to stop that.

My point is that the unit may be doing exactly what the sensor is telling it to do. Find the sensor, and see if getting it out of the direct air flow helps.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Parisjet, do you have the Silverleaf display which controls the A/C or separate thermostats? Are you in the Valley of the Sun? I'll be there tomorrow.

I never did the A&P although I did Avionics, USAF. Afterwards, I did spend a career in the nose cone and my CFI is current.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Jim, will be back in the valley in 2 weeks. I have one thermostat that controls all 4 zones. I live in Wickenburg part of the year, lets connect there

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special