You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Oil drain plug - my imagination, or problem ?

I've used Fumoto's on all my coachs and also the generator. They work great, just make sure you have enough clearance. No-spill drain system is another brand that seems like it works good.
https://www.nospillsystems.com

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thank you Gurus. You have put my flip flopping gut to rest on a simple but potentially disasterous problem. Smile

I will now move on to something else to concern myself with........

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Guy, I had an E-Z brand (similar to Fumoto) drain plug valve installed on my 84 DD6v92 last April. Came in handy when the shop overfilled with oil even after I asked them not to fill up to the full line. I drained off about one gallon of oil and the plug valve made it very easy and simple to do so. Was a little concerned about clearance but after about 6,000 miles everything is OK.

Glenn & Laureen Parker
Austin, Texas
1984 Newell 35'  (Coach #58? - not confirmed)
6v92 TA Detroit Diesel, MT654 Allison 5 speed trans
2005 Honda Element toad
2007 Honda S2000 fun car

I will try one on the next oil change. Looks like it would be fine on the pan. I too had an overfill on the oil level several years ago .One of the first times using the "gentleman's oil fill" on the engine, I thought I had turned off air pressure by closing the gate valve. Nope, I left air pressure on a little, and did not zero the meter. Added an extra 6 quarts. Caught the issure before start up.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59