You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

In Search of Split Front Bumper

Mike,

My email address is [email protected]. Would be happy to see you. BTW, I have a sister in law who lives in Bullard, TX so we get up your way once in awhile.

Glenn

Glenn & Laureen Parker
Austin, Texas
1984 Newell 35'  (Coach #58? - not confirmed)
6v92 TA Detroit Diesel, MT654 Allison 5 speed trans
2005 Honda Element toad
2007 Honda S2000 fun car

After further review we've decided that we don't need to switch to a split front bumper after all. The biggest problem I was having was getting access to the generator radiator and the coolant overflow bottle, which are at the front of the generator motor, and which I need to check frequently when we are on the road and using the generator to power the front AC. The cover to the gen set opening could not be lifted up and out with the bumper in place. I discovered today that the cover panel has a couple of prongs on the bottom that fit into holes on the bottom of the area. Those prongs were bent which prevented the cover from being lifted straight up and out without leaning it outwards, which was not possible with the bumper on. So, I bent those prongs back to their proper straight up and down position and now I can remove the generator opening panel with the bumper in place.

A simple solution for a simple fellow like me. Thanks for all the suggestions and offers to help. Guy, I will not be needing your front bumper section.

Glenn & Laureen Parker
Austin, Texas
1984 Newell 35'  (Coach #58? - not confirmed)
6v92 TA Detroit Diesel, MT654 Allison 5 speed trans
2005 Honda Element toad
2007 Honda S2000 fun car

Glad you found the solution. Let us know if you need anything else. Happy trails. :-)

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)