You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Soon to be owner

I think you will enjoy the quality and the thought that went into it.

I would try to identify the cause of the knocking sound as soon as you can - wouldn't want something simple turning into something major . . . . .

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

"Steering is off center and there is a slight loose knocking sound somewhere on the front end when going over small bumps."

I'm assuming your steering wheel isn't positioned where you feel it should be while going straight? That's an easy fix by removing the steering wheel and repositioning.

The slight loose knocking sound could be as simple as worn-out bushings or a possible broken sway bar. You should read this post https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=4714

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Thanks for the link Jon. I was going though all the recent repairs the PO had done which included new airbags. I would think if the sway bar broke it happened afterwards. Regarding the steering wheel, the one in 312 is about 36" in diameter. It is rather uncomfortably large. I would prefer to swap it out with something a little more "bus" like. Funny I use the word bus, since my steering wheel is more akin to a wagon wheel size. I will be delaying possession of the rig since the buyer of my bus had to delay picking it up until Friday. We have an excellent repair shop local to us. Curious if this sway bar can be sourced locally for them to install.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

36" steering wheel, wow! You might want to check the under coach storage for an adapter to allow you to use it for a spare wheel in case of a blowout.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad