You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pressure Pro Pulse FX questions

The original owner for my 2009 Newell declined the Pressure Pro option for the Silverleaf Glass dash over concern of reliability for the rear sensors.
I've always had TPMS, and am looking at the new Pressure Pro Pulse FX design which uses a blue tooth App which allows me to not have another dash monitor.
1. If I am only doing the coach 8 sensors do I need a secondary antenna?
2. The 365 rims have their own hole for the valve stem and the stem doesn't look long enough to be able to attach the sensor. I've had issues with extenders leaking. Has anyone had to deal with this issue on the 365 rim?

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)

Not sure on the 8 sensors only Dave, I bought the secondary antenna to make sure it could read a tow vehicle. That said I have yet to figure out how to fish the wire from the drivers compartment to under the coach, gotta figure that out here in the next couple weeks. Bought mine from:

Steve Berry
L&S Safety Solutions
13 Shoshone River Dr
Cody, WY 82414

800-521-6820
www.tirepressuremonitor.com

Super nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Hi Dave,

Oh your gonna love running the wiring to a rear antenna. What a joy.

First, The 365 wheels do have enough room to mount the sensor, however it may be that you have a very short valve stem and may need to change it out. The stem I found on my coach were long enough but the side of the sensor does rub on the inside surface of the hole in the wheel. The dual tires will need an extension for the inside tires.

You absolutely need a rear antenna. The instructions from the factory are quite clear on that.

I had Newell install the TPMS when I purchased my coach and the SilverLeaf dash was able to read the pressures. At the time they only installed a front antenna and it simply would not read the tow vehicle and sometimes not even one or both of the tags and one side of the duals. On rainy days I could loose all of the rear tire readings, Duals, Tags and tow.

Running a coaxial cable for the rear antenna is uncomfortable if you don't have a pit to work from. The cable runs from the control module behind the dash down one of the feed tubes that bring wires below floor level. If you crawl under the coach and look behind the fiberglass front cap and forward of the suspension you will see how the wiring drops through the feed tubes. From that space you bring the wires into the air compressor compartment then join the cables running rearward and feed it through one of the tubes that bring the wires rearward. Eventually you will come out into the electronics bay and from there you can feed into another tube running back to the drive axels.

I placed my second antenna above and just behind the drive axels. I still have a bit of difficulty reading all of the tow vehicle tires as the engine is in the way no matter where you place the antenna. Going rearward of the engine means you may not read the duals which I think is more important to keep track of. On a good day I get all tires reading most of the day.

Plan on a few days to pull this off as you're going to need to calm down every few hours or so, as doing this on your back can be really uhm... challenging.

Best Regards,

Mike

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

EEZ uses a wireless repeater for the rear.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mike, thanks for the write up - I spoke with Steve Berry with L&S and he recommended pointing the rear antenna down enough to have a 'view' of the toad if you are doing PP on the toad too. Steve was thrilled that you wrote up the directions to run that cable. He said he would point Newell owners our way...

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)

Dave, that is my understanding as well that the rear repeater needs to hang down below the frame so that it has a clear view of all tires and with it being 30'ish feet back it can also then have a view of the toad tires as well.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO