You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

RV Towing

I have used Good Sams for 20+yrs for my Motorhomes  and autos. Many different situation with great results from being haul on a lowboy to wreckers as big as the motorhome. They are by far the best for all problems.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I guess in the end, both companies seem to provide the same level of service. Neither owns any equipment and they just delegate the calls to a local provider.
Thank you all for the input. And yes, I doubt I would wait for grass to dry out before calling in for a tug! (Haven't tested the diff lock yet)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

My State Farm policy includes tow to home or service.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

My insurance policy with Progressive included towing coverage. I used it once several months ago. But it was many hours of long waiting. I called the insurance company several times for the tow truck's arrival status, and the reply was:  "...you are all set; the towing company must have been busy... here is the number and contact the towing company". But the towing company says they were waiting for cost pre-approval of $2300 for the 4 miles tow, "....without getting a pre-approval from them, they don't pay". The tow truck finally came, but it didn't seem like an easy job for them. The tow truck came in the late afternoon and worked on its front and rear but was unsuccessful in starting the engine or pumping air to raise the coach. The first tow driver spent many hours and eventually decided to give up and go home. It was already late in the evening, and the repair shop had already closed. The coach couldn't raise itself because the engine couldn't start, the engine couldn't start because due to drained batteries. The chassis batteries were brand new, but the battery drain problem was an old problem.  Next morning a new crew with a new tow truck came and continued to work underneath the coach for several hours, and he was able to raise the rear and get the coach back to the repair shop around noontime. Only later I learned there was a good temporary solution to the battery drain problem. I still have parasitic draw on the chassis battery the disconnect switch not turned off, but I think I am getting closer getting have this issue totally resolved, hopefully.

My AAA Premium RV membership also included tow coverage, but I heard it's not as good, and I never used it.

Looking into the AAA premium RV tow coverage, although it says up to 200 miles, they have a dollar cap of $500 per service call. That's far from enough for any tow with a Newell coach.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Has anyone bought or used the FMCA roadside program?

https://www.fmca.com/fmca-rv-roadside-assistance

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control