You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Introduction

Greetings! 

I joined the Newell Guru group last spring after deciding to go with a Newell. After 15 years of Newmar ownership (DutchStar, MountainAire, KingAire) I finally saw the light! Not that I didn’t like Newmar. I loved my DutchStar and MtnAire. The KingAire just gave me fits during and after every trip. I couldn’t pull down to the end of my street without something breaking or needing adjustment. After every trip I would have two pages of punch list items - 90% on the house side.

So…we bought Coach 1664 from Newell in May and haven’t looked back. We brought the coach home to Florida then did a two week trip up to North Carolina through the OuterBanks and back. NOT A SINGLE ISSUE!

We are headed to New Hampshire and plan to spend the next three weeks up and down the east coast.

I still have lots of questions as I learn the systems on this Beast and may be posting specific questions after I spend some time bird dogging these:

- Working through learning the Intrepid System
- Typical Audio Video integration/operation challenges (starting with keeping wife happy)
- Trying to get air compressor in engine room working so I can put air in tires
- Storage with only 20amp /110v service (all I have available to me at the moment)

Thanks in advance to all the Gurus for your help!

Safe travels!

Ty & Karen Hall
Sarasota, FL
2019 Newell P50
F150 Raptor

Welcome! There's not a lot of owners here for coaches as new as yours. If you haven't left yet the guys at The Motorcoach Store in Bradenton have a wealth of Newell knowledge.

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)

Welcome Aboard Ty & Karen.
We're on the east end of I-4 from you in Port Orange.
These rigs are awesome in any vintage!

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Congrats on the stunning coach and welcome to the group. Will be great to have some owners of newer model coaches posting tips so we can build out a strong platform for the current and future owners of those coaches as well. As someone who just bought an 03' it's been invaluable to look back through all of the little things that have been documented over the last 18 years vs. figuring it out on my own.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

we are glad some of the newer coaches are joining us here. please post what you find out so there is a resource as newer coach owners need help

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome Ty and Karen... It's great to have someone in our group who has had experience with other brands as well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Congrats Karen and Ty on the toddler Newell. Lol. I should say Super Newell… compared to ours, yours Is like the starship Enterprise to us…. With ours just a few years older, we still value the quality of the product. After 41 years she still has plenty of life left.
The gurus here are the best. Indescribably the reason why newell is a step above the rest. With that said, welcome to the newell family. Safe travels.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! I have to be 100% transparent…I am not the handiest guy…I like to believe that if given enough time, I can figure anything out. As Karen says, “We only have a lifetime, Ty”….When I embark on a repair project I almost always find that the OEM built their component with at least one or two extra parts and then I get a real expert to fix or replace the component that I have “rebuilt”.

Anyhow, I commit to you that I will try to GIVE as much as I TAKE. Just don’t judge me on what I give! I will do my best to post nuggets of information with the hopes that there is at least one Newell owner cast from the same mold as me.

Leaving Jackson, NJ headed to Worcester, MA today. Wish us luck luck getting past NYC!

Ty

Ty & Karen Hall
Sarasota, FL
2019 Newell P50
F150 Raptor

Welcome Ty and Karen. Your, past experiences and most recent purchase are a great combination to share with this community. Best wishes.