You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Brought #312 home today

I do keep it plugged into a 20 amp circuit. Being an Electrical contractor, I realize the need for a 50amp outlet. The issue is that the closest point to get power is from the garage sub panel and we would have to trench through the master bedroom, two closets, down a spray foamed wall, and when we get outside, I would have to saw cut some concrete, trench 40' of dirt and there we are. I am saving that for when we do get slow to give the guys something to do.

I need to check on a live source of power in the blower area. Over the weekend, I got blasted while washing that area carefully. Doesnt help that I have one of those coil type stainless steel chinese garden hoses. I could hear the humming of 60hz through my ears. Nothing keeps you on your toes thats more potent! So having said that, I unplug the coach when doing work until I find out where the current leakage is coming from.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Congratulations! lovely coach!!!!

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

i had my 02 plugged into a 20a 120v circuit for years before i moved out to the country and built my shop. worked fine to keep the batteries charged. as you know our coaches dont like gfci outlet.

if i ever needed to run the aircons i would just start the genny

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH