You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Generator air slide doo-hickeys

So I ordered a replacement generator slide switch. The one they sent me has the red knob whereas mine is a black knob with 1/8 npt fittings. New one uses 1/4" npt threads. So I received just the valve block with no fittings. I do not want to reuse the fittings I have on my old valve. Having said that, What are the two fittings on the bottom called as I am trying to source them for 1/4" npt. (Again, I do not want to use mine even though they are stepped down unless I absolutely can't find new ones)

They seem to have a screwdriver slot for some kind of adjustment. For nearly $300, I thought the new valve would have all that stuff on it. Silly me...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

it is an exhaust port that allows you to adjust the speed that the genny ram goes in and out.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Wow, thanks Tom! I knew it had to do with venting just wasn't sure what it was called. My next thing will be to figure out where they go on the new valve.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Probably a good piece to add to the tool box as a spare!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

https://www.mcmaster.com/air-mufflers/fl...-mufflers/

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

So I am finally getting around to reassembling the generator blower compartment after a serious de-rustification. In looking at the air slide valve, I received the new Red Knob valve. I have the black valve in my coach. Are they plumbed the same as far as ports go? I did find the air adjuster thingamabobs.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Just hook the air lines up the same as the old valve and activate the knob, worst that will happen is you will need to swap the lines at the valve that go to the cylinder.

You probably should adjust the muffler flow screws all the way in to start & back them out 1 turn at a time until you get movement.
then finer adjustments as desired.

BTW, one muffler is for extend & the other will be for retract

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Pipe it exactly like the existing one. One for one swap on the fittings. The thing that is confusing is both the existing and new valve body are mounted upside down from the flow drawing stuck to the side of the new body.

I would use compression fittings for the tubing instead of the push to connect.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I finally installed the air slide switch today. The generator blower compartment is now at its conclusion.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Great job, Simon.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com