You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Monument Valley in December

Morning Gurus,

Decided that hanging out in Phoenix waiting on Dr's appointments was not a great use of my time and Newell, so I headed out yesterday to Monument Valley KOA Journey to try my luck and see if it was a good time to visit. The trip from Phoenix took about 6 hours and the roads were clear and only light traffic. We pulled into the KOA and found only 4 other visitors..... YES, Score, Happy Dance. 

The park in simple and clean with not many extras but the views are excellent. Hopefully the various parts of the park will also be so empty. Last night the temperatures went down into the 20's so if you come make sure you can deal with the cold. A heated water hose is important. The night sky was clear and had some excellent star viewing.

Here are some pictures from yesterday evening.

Hoping your Christmas and New Years are healthy and happy.

My Best to all,

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 
Photo 

So far that has been one of my favorite KOAs. The stars at night can't be compared to nothing else I have seen so far. Also, how quiet it is at night is out of this world.

My favorite photo from that place.

[Image: oK0rwZG.jpg]

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)