You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front drivers side won't lower

I've been parked here in Michigan for about a month, when I got here I leveled up, rested the coach on blocks and released the air form the suspension so that my compressor doesn't run so much.  The jack stand under the right rear sank a couple of inches over time so a I decided to relevel. I raised the entire coach all the way, reset my jack stand and and went to lower the coach onto the blocks.  As the coach dropped I started hearing and unusual amount of creaking and the windshield started leaking(it was raining at the time). I couldn't figure out what was going on until I got out of the coach and noticed that the center piece between the windshield sections was no longer square to the world and the drivers side was higher than the passenger side.  I raised the passenger front corner backup which took the stress off the windshield but now we are way higher in front.  My coach has the "Newell leveling system" it is a panel of 8 rocker switches, one to raise/lower each corner and one for each side, front and back.  I can hear the solenoids click when rocking ea switch up and down except the driver front corner, it clicks when pushed to the raise position but not to the lower position.  I got under the front and found the proper connector and put a voltage meter on it while Dianna actuated the switch, no voltage.  My understanding is that all the circuits are on the same fuse (though I can't find that fuse) so all I can figure is that the switch must be faulty, any ideas?  What would be the best way to drop the front in the mean time?  How do you get to the back of the panel the switches are mounted in to check the switch?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

Thinking about the switch being bad I decided to get under there while Dianna pressed the switch that raises and lowers the entire drivers side and I could here the rear operating but nothing was happening up front.  I guess that kind of rules out the switch.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

To relieve the stress on the coach, you could run a hot wire to the down solenoid. Controlled from the side of the coach. Big 12V terminal right there in D1 bay

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just checking the details. There are three switches that could activate the LF down solenoid. Front down, driver down, and LF down. Is it correct that none of the three result in the down solenoid activating?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Correct, no juice to the solenoid with any of them.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

Simplest way to drop the front is put the coach in travel mode until you find the culprit.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

That's what I ended up doing, it dropped down without issue.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

Have you ever pulled the dash panel where all those switches are mounted?

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

I don’t have the Newell system, mine is controlled by the HWH.

There is a post somewhere on the forum where a guy is trying to noodle out the wiring.

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...AND+system

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thanks

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide