You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Master Light Switch for Interior Lighting

That battery saver is perfect! Thank you.

I was wondering how to set up my signature fumbling around my profile but couldn't find the proper tab where to inscribe my details. Let me try again, I feel so passé not being able to find where to do this...

Ah, it's under "User CP" Signature coming.

Mike,

Here is another option I found from a thread on this site. 
AMPL START
It only took about 30 minutes to install. I picked up house and starter battery connections on the Multi Battery Isolator mounted above the merge solenoid in the very back cabinet accessed in the engine bay. 
I mounted the AMPL START in the cabinet accessed by the starting batteries so I can easily check it.
Here's a picture of the isolator. The battery connections are at either end and the alternator connection is in the middle.
Yes I do need to spend some time cleaning up the connections and other things back there.
That 4 letter word gets in my way a lot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

I have not got a Newell yet, looking at a 2005. Do I understand right that while plugged in the house batteries or is it the coach batteries do not charge.

2000 Monaco Dynasty two slide ISC 350 Cummins sold
2017 35 foot New Horizons 2014 Volvo 630 herrin bed

Some do, some don't. Depends on year, and what equipment it has. Not trying to be a knucklehead, just the way it is without more specificity. I would be reasonalby confident that an 05 would be equipped with such a device. But you never know what previous owners may have added or deleted in the 17 years since it left Miami.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for the lead Hank.
So from what I understand I should have a Multi Battery Isolator installed and mounted somewhere in the back and the Amp-L-Start device connects within the connections of the isolator? I'm new at this and it'll show in my responses.
According to their verbiage for this device, it maintains the voltage and essentially protects the Start Batteries, but my issue is with my house batteries, so I'm unsure how this addresses the discharging of my house batteries?
I'm obviously confused...

Mike & Bibiana
1991 45' Newell Ser# 278

Mike,

A 91 probably did not come from the factory with that big blue isolation diode that Hank pictured. My 95 did not have it. Back then they used the merge solenoid to combine the battery banks. On my 95, the merge solenoid was activated by the merge switch, and surprise to me anytime the engine was running.

You are right if the house batteries are discharging, then none of this applies. So let’s do some diagnostics on the house system. Let’s check to make sure the charger is ON. It can be disabled from the remote. If it is ON, then run the following test. Unplug the coach from the 50A. Measure the voltage of the house bank at the batteries with a voltmeter. Now plug it in, and repeat. You should see a noticeable rise in the voltage with the coach plugged in. If you do not, then we can walk through other diagnostics.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard,

When you say that the house system can be disabled from the "remote", is that found on the electrical display panel above the driver's side as I'm quite illiterate when it comes to knowing where my electrical system components are located. I have a background in Avionics however I'm still a newbie
when it comes to this coach. I'm capable I simply don't know where things are as I'm new to this beast.
That said I'll gladly take you guidance, and I have no issue troubleshooting and digging into things.

Mike & Bibiana
1991 45' Newell Ser# 278

I am speaking of the remote for the inverter charger. It may be around the oven, or in the rear closet, or above the driver. It does not disconnect the house system. It can turn the inverter or charger ON or OFF.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

My Inverter switch is kaput...

Not sure if that'll address my issue(s) but I need to fix that first and I'll chime back in with details.

Mike & Bibiana
1991 45' Newell Ser# 278

I have 3 separate switches to operate my inverter. One is over the driver in electrical meter panel, one is on panel above microwave, and the 3rd is on back curbside wall panel in bedroom (also generator start switch). If inverter trips the overload breaker on the actual inverter box under the bed, it must be manually reset.