You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Replacement steering wheel

I would like to get a smaller diameter steering wheel. The current one is way too huge for my comfort at 20". I have been searching for something in the 17" size on google with the search words "GM 9 bolt 17" steering wheel" but the searches only come up to Truck shop parts which in turn do not have any specifics. I may have to call them. Has anyone also gone this route? Short of that, I might have to get the steering wheel and hub but I am not sure if this column is 36 spline?

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

SIMON,

TRY (RAPTORSTEERING.COM) THIS IS THE SITE I GOT MINE, A 15" WOOD WITH BLACK LEATHER TRIM.

MARK

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

I am revisiting this question as I still haven't found my perfect size steering wheel. Thanks Mark for the link. I think 15" might be a little small for what I was looking for. Since I am not able to find 17" the next size would be 16" or 18". The question is what do I look for in terms of fitment? I have the tilting GM column. Is it a 36 spline? Do I order just the basic wheel with the 9 holes or get the whole adapter shebang? I found something like this at an online truck shop that would fit a GMC Brigadier. Not sure if they use the same column. If it had a black center instead of chrome, it would be somewhat acceptable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Call the folks at IMMI as they make most all of the steering wheels like you’re looking for. Odds are they will pass you along to one of their distributors, but they may be able to provide some additional insight into which setup you need for the GM wheel.

https://www.imminet.com/products/steering-wheels/

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Like Brad suggests, check with IMMI. If you want to become safer and more comfortable driving, ask them about their 18" V4S smart wheels and move a lot of your dash controls to your steering wheel using J1939 CAN bus talking to your DDEC engine and transmission. If you upgrade your stereo to a modern hands-free blue tooth model you'll be able to control it also.

NEW V4S TRITOUCH STEERING WHEEL
TriTouch Control = Safety
Increases safety in large vehicles by bringing controls that are often at a reach point on a dashboard to the fingertips of your driver.  Allows an OEM to add a level of functionality not available on any other commercial vehicle steering wheel
• Integrated center control pod
• Allows maximum function count of 27 (19 driver-facing buttons + four 2-way side paddles)
• Customer-specific graphics
• LIN-based, compatible with IMMI VIP’s LIN to CAN converter modules to work with CAN-based vehicles
• Compatible with IMMI VIP’s heated steering wheel function • Compatible with IMMI 4Front Driver Airbag Module

https://www.imminet.com/products/steerin...el-series/

[Image: V4_Smartwheel_Feature_5.jpg]

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad