You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

4K Reversible Projection System

First post and looking... 

When did the 4k projection system start with the outdoor viewing start? I am starting the search for a coach now, and would like to know when the projection system start that is viewable from the interior and the exterior of the coach? Also if anyone knows of any for sale that have this option or have been converted I am interested.

That is a new addition. I am not aware of that option being offered prior to the 2022 models starting with coach #1715. I would think that as long as the coach had a large enough window, that it could be added to an older coach although having a ceiling mounted cabinet across from the window would be required unless you wanted to be able to see the projector all the time. Some, such as 1715 were in the bedroom where there is more typically an overhead cabinet over the bed. I believe 1716 was the first with the dual view projection TV in the Salon.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Ok.... Yeah, I am out on that late of a model LOL...

I thought I understood that the window that was being projected on, was special also. The window didn't have any ventilation (openings in it) and was a solid panel. The glass had an active element that could be switched or energized, to allow viewing on one side or the other. Very cool system for sure.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

I think the blind and the projector are the only changes that were made, although a window with a opening section would not be very good for this application. The blind bounces light back to be reflective like a projection screen when watching from the inside. The projector has a reverse image switch that allows it to reverse the image for use when the projector is to be watched outside, otherwise it would look like everything was reversed right to left.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com