You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New 220V Induction Cooktop Wiring

foliver...
OK so it's called a "lid support" at least i have a better search term now! Smile

Thanks

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

We are looking at a replacement of our Gagganeu halogen unit with a 100% induction. Installed in the usual recessed well in the counter. Any suggestions from anyone.

Steve and Ardys
2006 Newell #783

Really depends on how much you'd like to spend. As a test I bought an inexpensive 220v unit'

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0861FY7LL?psc...ct_details

Rick

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Thanks for the info, get me in the right direction Not sure I have much say in the cost, you know who this is for. We cook a lot on the Halogen, carry a Duxtop portable but it is a hassle to set up takes up way too much countertop space and is only one burner. Thanks, Steve aka the cleanup guy

Steve and Ardys
2006 Newell #783

Hi all, - In spite of this thread being a bit old, I have a question someone here may be able to help me with:

I removed my outdoor Gagganeu electric grill from a stowage bay to make room for other things since I didn't use it. Now my cooktop in the galley doesn't work. When I disconnected the wires for the grill I only removed the grill wires and capped off everything. Any suggestions on where I should start looking to troubleshoot?

I did check that I turned the breaker back on after I did the removal, so it's not the breaker.

Thanks in advance.

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

David,

Was the basement grill and the stove top on the same circuit breaker?

Is it possible that the wiring of the stovetop was connected at the grill? When you say capped the wires, how many wires are capped?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hey Richard - sorry, I didn't realize you had responded. I thought I'd get a notification.

Both the galley cooktop and the basement cooktop have their own circuit breakers. So the wires I capped of were the three single conductors for that circuit.

I'd love the check for current on the galley cooktop, but the junction box is tucked out of the way behind the dishwasher. I'd have to pull out the dishwasher in order to access, and I didn't have the time to figure that one out yet.

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

I am going to throw out some stupid stuff, but that has not stopped me in the past.

Is it possible that Newell mislabeled the breakers, and the stove top and grill were reversed? Since the wires are capped, if you turn on the grill breaker does the stove top come to life?

It’s too coincidental that removing the grill disabled the stove top.

And another stupid thing, but……..you are plugged in to 50 amp or have the generator running when testing the stovetop? Cause the stovetop is 220 and will not run off the inverter or 30 amp service.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Ha ha - I thought the same thing with the breakers so I tried both.

However - I am plugged into 30amp without the generator running. I thought I’d would at least try to turn on and trip the breaker, so maybe that’s my issue.

I have a generator overheating problem at the moment but I’ll try running it for a short time and test the stove.

Thanks!!!!

David
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry

With 30 amp service you only have 120V circuits. The stove runs on 220, only available on 50 amp service or generator.

Do a bit of googling on 30 amp vs 50 amp rv circuits to provide background on some critical electrical info you need in your Newell education journey.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad