You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tires, supply chain issue ?

I'm looking to buy 2 tires. FMCA offers great discounts on both Continentals and Michelin's. 315/80R22.5 I have the Michelin all the way around my Coach which I would prefer to continue. I need to replace 2 that are getting close to timing out but are also very near the tread minimums. I have tried for 4 months on the west coast area at the bigger commercial tire suppliers and each are saying "none at this time". Anyone else having problems ? Or is this a west coast issue ? I am traveling so, I'm willing to buy in AZ, NM, TX, OK, TN, LA. 

Advice on where these Tires are hiding, is encouraged

Kind of feeling like the toilet paper fiasco of 21'.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

DK, for Michelin brand tires, call Dave and Wendy Ward, National Tire Concierge Service in Florida. They are Michelin resellers that talk direct to Michelin. Their prices are way better than FMCA and each tire comes with a 3 year wheel and tire warranty.

Had a Newell call me just over a year ago needing a 356. He could not find one. Dave found the tire and had it available in one or two days.

Call Dave at 32 one 6 zero 7 2265 or Wendy at 32 one 7 four 7 8465 CALL Em

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I second calling National Tire Concierge.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Rudy to the rescue!
I made 1 call and now they are sitting on my route next week.

Thanks Rudy and the second by Richard.

06' Newell #784
59' Nash Metropolitan

Carpe Diem. Have Fun

Just had 4 drive axle tires replaced with Michelin coach tires through the fmca tire program  at border Tire phoenix, they had 70 in stock at the time and did a great job. Small place but they did a good job and i had no issues.

Robert Austin 2004 model 460 #707 46’ 10”

Robert, glad you had no issues but you paid too much and did not get the 3 year road hazard wheel and tire warranty.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

Can’t beat Dave and Wendy Ward.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

The Concierge service and pricing is good and close with FMCA Michelin tire advantage program.

In my example Dave quoted $913.46 including FET. Plus a $90 1x (I think) administration fee.
FMCA was $845 plus FET which I believe to be 12% or $946 total if I have the tax correct.
So for, me this time, its $30 more to buy from Dave.
FMCA also offer a bunch of warranty issues, but after Millions of miles and good maintenance and care, I have yet to use any of these tire warranties.

I guess its like insurance, I pay for it, but have never used it and hope to never need it. Knock on wood

06' Newell #784
59' Nash Metropolitan

Carpe Diem. Have Fun

Dave, did you only purchase one tire. And did Dave tell you he signs his folks up to Michelin-Oncall at no extra charge?

Michelin-Oncall is a 24/7 road side service for Michelin tires that when called will have your size tire at the NTCS price at your coach in ususally 2 hours. Ask Dave for the details

Plus Dave put tires on my SRX and Prius. I need load carring tires on the Prius for my Aqua Hot tool load. Michelin found 4 HD BF Goodrich tires for the Prius in California. Michelin would pay $100 of the $200 shipping to me or I could wait a month for a new run at the factory and get the tires super fresh. Which is what I did

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area