You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Airline map for aux compressor

What does the aux compressor serve? I am trying to chase down a considerable leak. My HWH doesn't leak when I run the engine to air everything up. The aux will lose about 30psi in 6 min.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

The Aux 120v compressor feeds the entire air system, just as the engine mounted air compressor does. The engine air compressor has many times the air flow of the aux. compressor. It could be one large leak but it is likely multiple smaller leaks. You need to isolate the various systems from each other to really track down the leak. I have a set of 6 videos that memorialize a presentation Richard Entrekin gave in Foley, Alabama back in 2019 discussing how the air system works on a Newell. If you haven't viewed those, please do. The Playlist is located here. Please view the videos in the proper sequence: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...LLa2eq1PbT

After you understand how the system works, you may be interested in Steve Bare's presentation on going through the system and keeping it virtually leak free: The Playlist is located here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...chyHEuj_km

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks Michael. I do know the main air tank holds air over a week but the aux air gauge will zero out in a about an hour

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

When you say main, do you mean supply or brake gauge?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Brake gauge. The suspension still sits upright on the bags despite the aux air gauge zeroing out

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Actually, the 'main' tank is the 'Aux'. The brake tanks are two separate tanks located behind and above the front axle (at least on our coaches) that have check valves to prevent them from leaking down as the pressure in the 'Aux' tank drops. What that tells me is that the brake tanks and circuits for the moment can be disregarded in your search for air leaks.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

your bags are isolated from all the tanks when you are just sitting. unless you have it in autolevel.

if they are all staying up, then from the six pack to the bags is holding air.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH