You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Prepping for flooring and wall paper

Yeah mine is a little flexy too, and welding in a second support bracket is on the “list”

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Now would be the time to do it! Maybe a large muffler clamp around the column with a brace to that forward support.
O and BTW My wallpaper in the salon was in decent shape so I painted it to exactly match the color of the Wilsonart laminate that was used in my coach. I put new wall paper in the bedroom area.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks Richard! Appreciate your thoughts! I was going to weld a straight piece off the chassis member and use a pipe clamp around the column so as not to weld anything to the column for future removal. (Welding something to the column would most likely destroy the plastic bushings in there too!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=3474

While you are in there…………..

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard just came up with a new texting word.....WYIT

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thank you for the heads up! I will check all of that. Ironically I was staring at the steering gear box and hadn't seen the zerk (Not that I was specifically looking for it) For now, my biggest issue is the actual column itself flexes up and down. It could use some help in returning to center when driving as I tend to be the one doing all the turning!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Having to return it to center is a classic symptom of an overzealous adjustment of the sector screw on the steering gear box. Get that screw too tight, and you have an evil handling machine.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Pertaining to the steering gear box grease fitting.....here is how I lubed it....http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=5712.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Flooring is in for the most part. I have to finish some transition moldings and stain the step trim to match the floor. We decided at the last minute to get the bathroom floor tiled. We will also do a half wall tile job in the toilet room in addition to the wall paper on the upper half. Overall, I am thrilled with how it looks and how it breathes new life to the aged cabinetry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Great job, Simon.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com