You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Marine toilets

So in my quest for remodelification of coach 312, I had a pretty disgusting Sealand Traveler toilet that I would like to replace with a new toilet. I am settling on the Rariton Elegance straight back tall toilet with wireless wall control. Am I facing any issues installing this or will it be basic straight forward?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Looks like a straight shot into the holding tank. That’s good.

WYIT……..I would pull the linoleum and check the underlying plywood for water damage. My guess is you will find some. If it’s not too bad, treat the damaged plywood with a penetrating epoxy to stabilize and waterproof it.

But I am staying aware from any fancy controls for an ESSENTIAL appliance unless there is a manual override.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard. I did check the floor and it is surprisingly not rotted. They had put some stick on marble tiles over the linoleum. Those had a bit of mold under them where water leaked through the seams but nothing went through the linoleum and wood from what I could tell. Agree on the "over engineering" of stuff and this toilet does have a manual flush. It's more of the style of the toilet in that it looks a little more residential. If you have any other suggestions, I am open to them.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I am taking Ernie's advice and going with a Dometic 320. In the end, this won't require reinventing the wheel. Sometimes my brain overcomplicates things. Thanks for the suggestion Ernie!! ($248 delivered from Camping world with 10% online coupon)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312