You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front aux air tank

Hello again, Been searching for front air tank drain cock on front entry 2006 would love to drain it. I believe my air bode air door cylinder keeps filling up with water. when I release emergency cable and open and close the door manually several times it seems to push the water out  and allows the door to function properly for a couple days then have to repeat the process over. Any thoughts?

Jeff and Emily Full timer lineman
2006 45’ #764  Cat C15 625
Vacaville California

My first thought is,  why is there so much water?  Your engine mounted compressor feeds into a dryer device that purges water and uses a desiccant.  The on-board 120V compressor should have a system to dump the water.  I’m not sure what your 06 uses but surely has some water removal system.   My 120V compressor has a solenoid valve on the bottom of the separator bowl that opens to dump water and unload the compressor.  The air is fed into a tank mounted in the PS bay in front of the steering tire.  It has a drain valve (installed by me) that gets drained regularly.   As you will find out, there are many varieties of water dumping throughout the different years of Newell coaches. No two are alike, but all that I’ve seen have water separating.

I hope you find the answer!

My first thought is,  why is there so much water?  Your engine mounted compressor feeds into a dryer device that purges water and uses a desiccant.  The on-board 120V compressor should have a system to dump the water.  I’m not sure what your 06 uses but surely has some water removal system.   My 120V compressor has a solenoid valve on the bottom of the separator bowl that opens to dump water and unload the compressor.  The air is fed into a tank mounted in the PS bay in front of the steering tire.  It has a drain valve (installed by me) that gets drained regularly.   As you will find out, there are many varieties of water dumping throughout the different years of Newell coaches. No two are alike, but all that I’ve seen have water separating.

I hope you find the answer!

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

at least on my 02, the mid bode door has its own water separator in the bay next to the door

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I would be ecstatic if I could just find mine... 2009 front entry.

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)