You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Under Pressure

As usual I have an opinion. Sometimes it is not the popular one. My opinion is replace the temperamental HH pump with a Grunfos for half the price and none of the problems. https://www.uswatersystems.com/grundfos-...-115v.html

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Adrian,

A couple of questions. You have stated the HH produces 40 psig with your bib gauge. You also said it has low pressure. Can you clarify.

When you put the bib gauge on and just leave the system static for a couple of hours, does the pressure bleed off?

Does the HH spit air when running the sink or shower? Is it just at the start of flow or does it continue when the flow is established.

How full is your freshwater tank when running these trials?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Hi Richard,
The hose bib gauge is showing 40psi when using the HH pump - I said it had low pressure because I ‘assumed’ it was supposed to have around 60psi.
I have not tried leaving the hose bib gauge on for several hours due to the ‘faucet’ being leaky that supplies water to the bib (need to replace a bunch of those o-rings or the faucets) …
The HH does spit when using the sink and shower when the water first starts flowing and then seems to settle down after about 30 seconds.
The freshwater tank was at least 1/2 full when testing.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Sounds like the pressure is leaking off or you are sucking in air when the pump starts.

I would start by checking all your incoming water connections to the HH, keeping in mind that the 12V connections are intertwined in the same loop.

I don’t remember if the HH has a priming port, but if it does make sure it is not leaking in air.

Since my 12V is much higher than my 120V pump, I isolate the 12V loop with the appropriate shut off valves.

I suspect the air in the initial flow of water is confounding the Microphor. I wouldn’t touch the Microphor until I had figured out why the intitial startup of the HH was sucking air.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

[quote pid="56127" dateline="1662145257"]

Since my 12V is much higher than my 120V pump, I isolate the 12V loop with the appropriate shut off valves.

[/quote]

How is your 12v system so much higher in pressure? If that is what you are saying. 

Thanks.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

Sorry for the confusion. The 12V is mounted higher than the 120V. I use the isolation valves because I was getting some siphoning/draining/priming issues with 12V. So I get the 12V primed, and then isolate it. That way it doesn’t lose prime when the 120V is running.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thanks for the clarification Richard.

What is/are the benefit(s) for the 120V pump?

I had been looking at this one mostly for the price. I also like the idea of a pressure tank.

Aquastrong 1.6HP Shallow Well Pump with Pressure Tank

https://www.amazon.com/Aquastrong-Pressu...0B55S145V/?

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

Some people prefer the higher water pressure and less noise of a 120V pump.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

1. Check the water filter: Make sure the water filter is clean and functioning properly. If the filter is clogged or not working, it can cause low pressure and inconsistent water flow.
  2. Check the water pump: Check the water pump to ensure it is functioning properly. If the pump is not working efficiently, it can cause low pressure and inconsistent water flow.
  3. Check the pressure valve: If you are experiencing low pressure in your kitchen sink, there may be a pressure valve somewhere in the system that needs to be adjusted or replaced.
  4. Consider upgrading to a better water filtration system: If you are still experiencing issues, it may be worth considering upgrading to a better water filtration system that can provide more consistent water pressure and flow.