You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Engine stalls

Take a look at this one on Amazon. It looks like it can be a direct replacement.

If you also get a price from Newell, please share info how much they sell it for.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0918PM58G/ref...A31PCVR3BN

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Sorry, but that relay will not work because of the hanger fitting on the side. It will not allow it to fit in the row of relays.

The relay number is obsolete is why you can’t find them.

Pull them both out, and take photos of the symbols on the side. With those photos, we can help you find suitable replacements. There is nothing special about them at all. But we need the pics and amperage rating on top to help.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard you were right, the old numbers are obsolete so I downloaded the Hella catalog and looked for the same relays I have, referenced their new numbers and cross referenced to other brands and here's what I found at a near by NAPA store.

the five prong 960388-08 is replaced with NAPA Echlin AR272 about $22ea

the four prong 931-210-01 replaced with AR294 $18ea

Dario and Andrea Perini
#581 2001 45'8"

When you replace them, look carefully at the relay prongs for any sign of heat. Also look at the mounting blocks that they plug into for any signs of heat or poor connection.

You gave the most important clue of all in your very first problem statement. You said you lost all power to the gauges and back up camera. That means that in either the ignition circuit that turns the ignition relay on or off, the ignition relay or connections, or power cable from the rear to the front kickwell at the passenger seat are the most likely causes. I wouldn't get too concerned about DDEC problems just yet as you track down this problem.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Wanted to do a follow up on my stalling problem. I took your advice and changed the top two DDEC relays as well as took the ignition apart, inspected all the contacts, and put it back together, this time making sure all connections were tight. Also a big thanks to Richard for taking time to come to our RV site at Florida Grande in Webster Fl, about an hours drive for him so that he could take a look and try to make a diagnosis as well as explain to me how all of this works together. After leaving Fl last Friday and driving to Perry Ga then to Franklin NC on Sat. we had no issues so hopefully this was the fix. Also it appears that the relays I removed, might have been the original ones from 2001 so I plan on changing all the relays.
Thanks
Dario and Andrea Perini
#581  2001 45'8"