You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Gas Springs for bay doors

Anyone have a good resource for Gas springs?
Anyone know the rating of the springs for the doors on the 1988 coach?
Thanks
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Hi Brad, the last batch I got was at Camping World and I remember thinking it was the best price I had seen. I don't believe there was more than one strength option per length.

Hi Brad, the last batch I got was at Camping World and I remember thinking it was the best price I had seen. I don't believe there was more than one strength option per length.

#146 - 87 40' Tag 8V92TA DDEC
towing Toyota RAV4

I have a good source will send later. Important to get right strength

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

hi Brad,

i bought all new struts for my 2002 and previously some for my 90 from http://www.stampededist.com/struts.html they are columbia brand. they work just fine.

you will need to know what strength and size

i think you have the same doors as on my 90. or close. with the 90 i used 90lb. i tried 120lb at first but it ripped the mounts off the doors.

you can read the strength off the labels. if it is in newtons, you can convert it or post the info and i can do it for you.

i paid considerably under ten bucks apiece for them.

Steve Shelton is who i dealt with.

tom

(08-03-2012, 10:49 AM)encantotom Wrote:  hi Brad,

i bought all new struts for my 2002 and previously some for my 90 from http://www.stampededist.com/struts.html they are columbia brand. they work just fine.

you will need to know what strength and size

i think you have the same doors as on my 90. or close. with the 90 i used 90lb. i tried 120lb at first but it ripped the mounts off the doors.

you can read the strength off the labels. if it is in newtons, you can convert it or post the info and i can do it for you.

i paid considerably under ten bucks apiece for them.

Steve Shelton is who i dealt with.

tom
If you want to move on from Camping World: www.orrorr.com has gas springs, etc- you can buy online, setup an account and get whatever you want promptly and you don't have to get a sales pitch of campgrounds, presidents club, etc

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Thanks guys, I'll check out all the info.
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I Found this guy in Yakima , WA who has dealt with strut shocks for many years , its family business.
Ordered my shocks on E Bay

Mike was super knowlagable and I learned great deal about our shocks in Newell.

Number One - and most important was that many of us mount the shocks reverse ! with rod up ( close to the door bay ) but correct way to do it is other way , rod down, you get way better lubrication ans way smoother movement of the shock, they will outlast 2-1 rod down style.

Number Two- Mike said to me in his years businees with shocks he hardly ever had to help someone with shock not fitting in the bay ( Newell case ) he send me some shorter shock for free try and i did not use tool !!! just press in play!! they are quater inch shorter and rated for 130 vs 150 but I am using this pair on my 46" long bay and they are perfect!

Number tree lesson - is to never use screwdriver to pull the holdinf flat pin around the fittings , use flat tool and just lif the pin from the side .

Mike is super nice guys and very fast service Fedex from yakima to Tucson,AZ in 4 days !

shock are as you see in the photos rated 150lbs GS 2000 made with four not two seals by Mid Columbia trut & spring model MCS 2000-150

You can find them on Ebay or directly from http://www.Strut-Your-Stuff-Here.com

Tell them Les Korcala send you so I can get free pair of struts, haha! just joking! I am glad I found this guy!

I ordered 5 set ( pairs ) and it was like some $150 including s/h
pair sells for cool $13

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

good find les, thanks for the info

do the shorter ones hold the bay doors all the way up?

tom

(01-18-2013, 10:36 PM)encantotom Wrote:  good find les, thanks for the info

do the shorter ones hold the bay doors all the way up?

tom

Tom, what I ened up doing is I put the 130lbs on my narrower bay and they came all the way to the top! I dont see need for 300lbs total lift way, those narrower bay are way lighter than the Aqua hot or fresh water/dump bay where yoiu would need all 300lbs of lift

Been riding bikes everyday since its 70's here , I will put all lifts on Monday and will give you guys more feedback!

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb