You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Underneath compartment

My companies 2010 Newell Coach 450 is having some electrical issues.  I'm trying to unlock the underneath compartments but the power lock switch isn't working.  I believe there is a override switch or pully but I don't know where that is.  I know of the door bypass but not for the compartments.  Can anyone help please?

Bryan Cleveland
HE Williams Inc 
Showcoach Driver

Check on Newell website for the 24 hour hotline. They can assist you with this.

Thank you for your reply.  I'll give them a try again, each time I've tried I don't get an answer.

Bryan,

No reply from their 24 hour line is unusual. I seem to remember one time I was sent to an answering service and the tech called me within 15 minutes. That was on a 3 day weekend if I recall correctly.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Ya, I thought it was strange, but I was able to get through later this morning.  The electrician was able to walk me through everything and solve the problem.  Thank you for your reply.

Hi,
If you go to the bottom of the locker door there should be a thin pull wire, these are normally above the rubber seal which you have to compress to get above them, the pull wires pull downwards and have a loop at the end that you can get a hook on, these pull wires release the catches manually, the wires come downwards from the catches and are approximately 6 inches from the front and rear edges respectively, the wires are only about 1/2mm thick.
Normally when mine does this it is because the bay lock switch has activated it's self!! so when you get in the coach check that the bay lock button is not illuminated.

Regards

Ian

#1218 in Europe based in the UK